Food Bill Scholarship program also known as Bhojan bill Sahay yojana is an initiative launched by the government of Gujarat to provide food stipend to students with weak backgrounds.
The department of social justice and empowerment has started this scholarship. Students belonging to Scheduled Castes and OBC can benefit from this program.
Food Bill Scholarship 2023 Key highlights
This scholarship program intends to benefit the students belonging to weaker backgrounds who are compromising on food expenditures to complete their education.
There is a dire need to improve the nutrition of students pursuing highly intensive courses, medical and engineering. The Key Aspects of this scholarship are mention below in a table:
|Food Bill Scholarship Program
|Government of Gujarat State Gujarat
|SC / OBC students from Medical or Engineering
|1500 Rs food assistance for 10 months
|Mode of Application
The food bill scholarship is a part of digital Gujarat scholarship program. The primary endeavor of this scholarship is providing food bill assistance.
Due to the extensive educational expenditures in engineering and medical universities many students with financial hurdles tend to compromise on their nutrition and diet.
This program aims to provide students belong to SC/ ST and OBC categories with food allowance during their education.
The selection of qualified applicants for the food bill scholarship program is based on a set of criteria. The eligibility requirements for this scholarship are summed up below:
- Nationality of the applicant must be Indian.
- The applicant must be a Gujarati national. The candidate should belong to SC/ST or OBC category
- The candidate’s annual household income cannot be more than 2.5 lakh Indian rupees.
- The applicant must be enrolled in either a medical or engineering program.
If you do not qualify for this scholarship make sure you check the eligibility criteria of E District Scholarship.
Below is a description of the scholarship program’s application procedure. It is recommended that all the applicants ensure that they have all the required documents before starting the application procedure. The documents required are as followed:
- Proof of Identification such as Aadhar card, Voter ID, Ration card, PAN card.
- Caste certificate
- Family Income Certificate
- Fee receipt ( Currently enrolled course)
- Current college Bonafide certificate Previous year marksheet
- School leaving certificate
- Hostel Certificate (only for hostellers)
- Break affidavit ( for students with more than 1 year gap)
- Bank account passbook
Food Bill Scholarship Online Application Procedure
The candidates need to ensure that they have all the required documents before applying for this scholarship. To apply online the candidates need to follow the steps below:
- Visit the official website of food bill scholarship program at https://gueedconline.gujarat.gov.in/.
- The websites homepage will appear in front of you. Find and click the “New Registration” link on the webpage now.
- A new page will will appear with an Registration form. Fill It and press submit.
- After that go to the homepage and login in with the details you registered to submit your application.
- A new page with an application form will appear.
- Fill out the application form completely with the essential data, and upload all supporting documents in PDF format. Make sure that the documents you uploaded and all the information you submitted are accurate.
- After that click on the submit button.
Following this, the scholarship program’s selection committee has received your application. A selection committee will assess all the applications and then select candidates.
This same committee will be responsible for assisting selected candidates.
Scholarship Awards And Benefits
Beneficiaries will receive 1500 INR per month for 10 months every year as a mess bill relief.
If you want different awards and benefits make sure to check Maulana Azad Scholarship.
If you want to receive more information about this scholarship program you can contact their helpline or write an email. The contact information is provided below:
Helpline Number: 079-23258688, 079-23258684
Frequently Asked Questions
The Gujarati government offers the food bill scholarship as part of the Digital Gujarat Scholarship program.
Students from backward classes such as OBC, ST/SC categories can apply for this program.
The program would repay the recipients’ mess meal expenses for 10 months in the amount of Rs 1500.
Students from both Medical and Engineering are eligible for this scholarship scheme.
The food bill scholarship scheme is aimed at providing financial assistance to weak students. The eligible candidates need to be from a SC/ST category and studying medical or engineering course.
The beneficiaries will be provided a monthly amount of 1500 Rs as food bill reimbursement.