Maulana Azad scholarship is one of the most popular scholarships in India. It provides various study schemes including Maulana National Fellowship and Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship to young students. The government of India has announced this scholarship to honor the services of Maulana Abdul Kalam Azad.
Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship Scheme is for the deserving students, particularly girls studying in class nine or above and belonging to the minority sector of society. It provides financial aid to students that cover the costs of school or college fees, stationery items, and other miscellaneous charges. In the past Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship was called Maulana Azad Scholarship.
Maulana Azad National Fellowship Program is for students who have completed their degree and provides grants to minority students obtaining higher degrees such as M.Phil or Ph.D.
Maulana Azad Scholarship 2023 Key Highlights
|Name of Scheme||Maulana Azad Scholarship Program Launched By Maulana Azad Foundation|
|Beneficiary||Students from minority communities|
|Objective||Provide financial assistance to lower income students to pursue their higher education|
|Last Date||15th December, 2023 (tentative)|
Maulana Azad Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
This scholarship is divided into two schemes and each scheme has different eligibility criteria.
Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship is mentioned below:
- Applicants should be a girl belonging to one of the six minority communities including Muslims, Parsis, Jains, Buddhists, and Christians.
- Family income from all sources should be equal to or less than 2 lacs annually.
- The Student should be studying in Class 9th or above and have a minimum of 50% marks in previous class results.
- It is important to have state and government-issued income certificates in English, Hindi, or any other regional language.
- You only need to submit the application one time. Multiple submissions will lead to the cancelation of the application.
Maulana Azad National Fellowship Program Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for begum Maulana Azad National Fellowship program is below:
- Applicants must be from a minority community.
- He should have cleared central aptitude tests such as CBSE-NET/ CSIR-NET to apply for a scholarship.
- They have been registered as full-time MPhil or Ph.D. students from a government-recognized university.
- The total annual family income of the applicant should be under 6 lac rupees.
- In the case of a Ph.D., he should have secured 55% marks in the postgraduate degree.
Students’ credentials are verified by UGC to confirm that they met eligibility criteria. An expert committee is set up to scrutinize every student according to submitted documents.
If you do not qualify for this scholarship make sure to check the eligibility criteria of CMSS Scholarship.
Candidates must provide all the required documents along with an online application form. The documents should be verified and authenticated.
Required Documents For BHMNS
For the Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship following documents are required:
- Passport-size scanned photos
- School Verification form attested by the school principal
- Attested copy of the most recent qualifying exam’s score report Parental income documentation
- Certificate from a minority community that was self-attested
- Self-attested copy of the bank passbook’s first page
- Copy of Adhar card
Required Documents For MANF
For Azad National Fellowship Program following documents are essential:
- Passport-size color photographs
- Certificate of domicile
- Certified certificate from a minority community
- NET/JRF award letter or most recent grade report
- Score Card master’s degree
- In case of any impairment, a disability certificate
Maulana Azad Scholarship Application Process
Students can apply for this scholarship online. Application forms are available on the official websites. But the forms for both the schemes are different.
Application Process For Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship
The Maulana Azad Education Foundation Scholarship Portal has the application for scholarships. The stepwise application process for scholarship is:
- Visit the National Scholarship Portal at: https://scholarships.gov.in/.
- Now click on the “New Registration” in Applicant Corner
- A page will appear with guidelines and instructions. Check all the checkboxes and click continue.
- Now a new page with a form will appear Infront of you. Fill in all the information and submit the registration and submit.
- The school verification form will be sent to the applicants through a link. Applicants must download the link and have a school administrator attest it.
- Now go to the homepage and select “fresh application option”.
- Now login to complete the registration process use your cell number and birth date, to log in to the website.
- A new form will appear. Fill in all the required information including bank details, academic details, and other relevant information required.
- Upload all the supporting documents along with a scanned copy of the verified school form.
- After this, your registration process is complete and is ready for further action.
Application Process For Maulana Azad National Fellowship
Application forms for Maulana Azad Fellowship for 2023 is available on University Grants Commission’s official website.
- Visit UGC’s official website and see all fellowships and scholarships offered by UGC under View All tab.
- Click on Apply Now button under Fellowship Category for Maulana Azad National Fellowship for Minority students.
- After reading the instructions, proceed with registration. Complete the registration form by filing out the required information
- You will get a registration ID which will help you to download the scholarship application form.
- Fill in all the relevant personal, academic, research work, current employment, and supervisor details and apply for the scholarship program.
How To Check Scholarship Application Status?
Applicants can check their application status by logging in to online application portals such as MAEF and UGC.
Each scheme has the same way to check application status but requires different information. The required information is mentioned below:
How To Check Application Status Of Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship?
The MAEF scholarship site allows applicants to monitor the progress of their Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship applications:
- Visit the official website
- Click on View Application status
- A form will appear. Enter the identification details, Registration number/ Adhar number or bank account number, Date of Birth and Category of scholarships. Click On “View Application Status” button.
- A new page will appear with the information of application progress.
How To Check Application Status Of Maulana Azad National Fellowship?
The applicants can check Maulana Azad Scholarship Status for the fellowship program by visiting the official UGC website. The details required for checking the application status are:
- Visit the official website at: https://manf.ugc.ac.in/default.aspx.
- Use your identification details: candidate registration number, date of birth, scholarship year, and registered email ID to check your application status.
After that, the list is published on the UGC website. Selected candidates join on the 1st of April of every year. This date may change depending on the university’s choice.
Scholarship Awards And Benefits
This scholarship assists students by providing financial aid for admission, and course registration and also fulfills other maintenance costs.
The scholarship foundation then transfers the awards to the beneficiary account through online bank transactions. The amount of awards varies with the class standards and student requirements.
BHMNS Awards And Benefits
Begum Hazrat Mahal Awards are categorized into two categories.
- One is for students studying in grades 9 and 10 attaining the scholarship amount of 5000 per annum.
- The other is for class 11 and 12 students obtaining 6000 per annum.
MANF Awards And Benefits
Maulana Azad National Fellowship Award is also divided into multiple categories:
- The fellowship amount of INR 31000 is given to students for the first two years while for the rest of the tenure, students obtain INR 35,000 per month.
- Candidates having their specialization in humanities, social science, and other commerce-related fields will attain a stipend of INR 12,000 per annum for the initial two years and then INR 20,500 per annum for the remaining three years.
- Candidates pursuing their degrees in Science will have an INR 12,000 per annum contingency amount for the initial two years after that it will increase to INR 25,000 per annum.
- Special students (physically or visually challenged) will also get monetary assistance of INR 2000 per month.
Also check the awards and benefits of Medhavi Scholarship.
Email: [email protected]
Frequently Asked Questions
Children from poor backgrounds and minority communities are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
You can apply for these scholarships through an online portal. Visit this website www.maef.nic.in
No, only scanned copies of documents are required for the application process.
No, students obtaining one scholarship are not eligible for this scholarship.
Azad Scholarship is a well-acclaimed scholarship in India assisting poor students from minority backgrounds. It paves the way for young children to pursue higher education without stressing about finances.
It fully supports children from lower spheres of society and is determined to provide excellent opportunities to them.