The Government of West Bengal state recognizes the need for student financial aid and, thus, has recently introduced the West Bengal Oasis Scholarship.
The Backward Classes Welfare Department and the Tribal Development Department, two significant state agencies, jointly administer the grant.
This scholarship is a great opportunity for many students across the state who wish to pursue their studies but, also may need access to financial resources.
The best part about this opportunity is that you can apply for it easily applied via an online portal which makes it accessible to all kinds of students. Also, it’s inspiring for many individuals who were previously unable to pursue their studies due to a lack of funding.
Overall, West Bengal Oasis Scholarship is an avenue that will make dreams come true for many underprivileged people in West Bengal state.
Oasis Scholarship: Key Highlights & Details
|Name of Scholarship||West Bengal Oasis Scholarship|
|Provided by||Government of West Bengal state|
|Regulated By||Backward Classes Welfare Department and Tribal Development Department|
|Organization Name||Oasis Organization|
|Oasis Scholarship Is Designed For||SC/ST/OBC Students|
|Last date for Oasis Scholarship Program 2023 – 2024||31 Oct 2023|
|Official Portal Of Oasis Scholarship||Oasis.gov.in|
Types of Scholarship Programs Under This Scholarship
The Oasis Scholarship Program offers many opportunities for students to explore and make their dreams come true.
With four different types of scholarships available, applicants can find one best suited for them if they take the time to navigate through the details and make an informed decision.
From general merit-based criteria to specific requirements such as family income, there are plenty of ways to qualify by applying online.
So whether one has achieved mesmerizing grades or is looking to pursue a degree that is uniquely tailored to their interests, the right scholarship could be just a few clicks away:
- Pre-matric scholarship for SC student
- Pre-matric scholarship for ST student
- Post-matric scholarship for SC/ST student
- Post-matric scholarship for OBC student
|Pre-matric Scholarship for SC Students||Backward Classes Welfare Department, Government of West Bengal|
|Pre-matric Scholarship for ST Students||Backward Classes Welfare Department, Government of West Bengal|
|Post-matric Scholarship for SC/ST Students||Backward Classes Welfare Department, Government of West Bengal|
|Post-matric Scholarship for OBC Students||Backward Classes Welfare Department, Government of West Bengal|
Eligibility Criteria For Oasis Scholarship 2023
Below are the application process and eligibility criteria for the Oasis scholarship program 2023. Also, note that the process to apply for this program and eligibility criteria are set by the Backward Classes Welfare and Tribal Development Department to manage the fake applications.
Moreover, students can only apply through the Oasis Scholarship portal. Here are the eligibility criteria for all categories:
Also check the eligibility requirement of Ishan Uday Scholarship.
General Eligibility For All Categories
As declared by the authorities following is the general criteria for Oasis Scholarship 2023, which all applicants must meet if they want to enroll in this program. After that, candidates must meet the criteria of their respective scholarship programs.
- The interested candidates should be permanent residents of West Bengal.
- The candidates should have scored at least 50% in their last examination.
- The candidates must have the required attendance.
- Candidates should note that 30% of the scholarships are for female students.
- Only two candidates from the same family can qualify for the Oasis scholarship program 2023 – 2024.
The Eligibility Criteria For Pre-Matric Scholarship For SC Students:
The candidates who want to apply for this Pre-matric scholarship for SC students should fulfill these criteria:
- The candidate must be studying 9th or 10th grade in any reputable and recognized school.
- Yearly income of the applicant’s household should not be exceeded two hundred thousand.
The Eligibility Criteria For Pre-Matric Scholarship For ST Students
These requirements must be met by candidates who wish to be considered for the Pre-Matric Scholarship for ST students.
- The candidates must have cleared the exam 9th or 10th standards from any recognized board/school.
- The applicant’s family’s total annual revenue should not be more than 2 lacs.
The Eligibility Criteria For Pre-Matric Scholarship For SC and St Student
The applicant who wants to enroll in a Pre-matric scholarship for SC/ST students must belong to Scheduled Caste or Tribe. Similarly, all candidates must meet these criteria:
- The candidates must enroll in higher classes or be admitted to post-secondary/post-matriculation classes/courses.
- The applicant’s family’s total annual revenue should not be more than 2.5 lacs..
The Eligibility Criteria For Post-Matric Scholarship For OBC Student
The students who want to apply for this prestigious Post-matric scholarship for OBC students must belong to the Backward Class.
- Furthermore, the candidates should be studying in the post-matric level class.
- The applicant’s family’s maximum yearly income should not exceed 1 lac from all resources.
Oasis Scholarship 2023 Application Process
Applying for the WB Oasis Scholarship can be easy and stress-free with the online Oasis Scholarship portal.
Individuals hoping to avail the scholarship must first acquaint themselves with all the eligibility criteria details, required documents, and other relevant information as mentioned in the guidelines and instructions.
By doing so, you can be positive they’re comfortable with filling out or submitting their application. Once they’ve familiarized themselves with everything, completing the application form is a breeze.
Here are all the details for your ease.
Scholarship Scheme Registration
Follow this step-by-step registration process to apply for the Oasis scholarship:
- Go to the official OASIS Scholarship Portal and click the ‘Student’s Registration’ button to apply. This process is only for fresh candidates.
- Now you must select your ‘District’ (where your school/institution is located).
- Candidates who are studying in any other district should select their permanent address.
- Now provide your caste certification details, such as your full name, Father’s Name, and Caste Certificate Number. Also, keep in mind that details of your manual caste certificate will not be accepted. After that, submit the details.
- Now you will have to provide basic details such as Date of Birth, Current Educational Institution Name, Phone Number and Email, and a Photograph.
- Submit these details with the documents to complete your registration for the Oasis scholarship.
- Now, download and take a print of the Acknowledgement Slip.
- Lastly, you will get the Applicant’s User ID and Password in a PDF file for future use.
Log In To Complete The Registration Process
- After the completion of the Application Form. Go to the OASIS Scholarship Scheme 2023 Portal and look for the Registered Student’s Login tab.
- Now, Select your district.
- Now you need to provide your User name and password. After that, click on the Login tab.
- Next, click on the ‘Further Details’ option, give the essential details such as your address, institution name, etc., and save it for later uses.
- Now provide your bank details, such as your Bank Name, Account Number, IFSC Code, and MICR Code. Then click on the ‘Verify’ button. However, be careful when providing your bank details, as you cannot edit or change these details after submission.
- Select the print application button to print the form in hard copy and save it for future use.
How to Submit the Application Form?
To submit the application for the Oasis scholarship scheme 2023, follow this process:
First, you need to take the form’s printout. After that, you need to upload and attach the following documents.
- Your recent stamp-size photograph with clear background.
- Applicants must provide the attested copy of their latest mark sheet or certificate.
- Candidates need to provide an attested copy of their Caste Certificate.
- A copy of the first page of the candidate’s bank passbook is required.
All candidates must submit the Oasis scholarship application with their signature to their concerned BDO Office (for the block area) and PO-cum-DWO (only for the corporation and municipality area).
How to Track The Scholarship Application Status?
To track the application status, follow this simple process:
- First, you must visit the OASIS Scholarship Portal and click on the “Track Application” tab.
- Then provide your official User ID or Serial Number and Application Session.
- Then you need to click on the ‘Check Status’ option to see your application status.
Below are the details and list of essential documents needed from all applicants to qualify for the Oasis Scholarship scheme 2023:
- Applicant’s recent passport Size Photograph.
- Attested copy of student’s Aadhar Card.
- Applicant’s birth certificate or Madhyamik Admit Card.
- Attested duplicate of the most recent examination’s mark record or certificate.
- Applicant’s PAN Card/Voter Card/Ration Card/Bank Passbook.
- EPIC Card of the applicant’s Father and Mother.
- Latest caste Certificate of the applicant’s parents or someone in blood relation from the parental side.
- Attested income certificate of applicant’s family issued by Panchayat, Municipality, or any other relevant and recognized body.
Also check the list of required documents for Medhavi Scholarship.
How To Apply For Scholarship Renewal?
Follow this process to renew Oasis Scholarship Scheme 2023.
- Visit the official OASIS Scholarship Application Portal first.
- Now, click the “Renew Scholarship” option.
- Now sign into the portal with your User name, Password and select your District.
- Check the details and information that you provided earlier. You can also update the info if needed. Update your info and save your changes.
- After that, select the ‘Renew and Lock Application’ choice by first selecting the ‘Renew Application’ icon.
- After that, Take a printout of your acknowledgment slip and keep it for future use.
- Now you must submit this acknowledgment copy with your signature to your concerned BDO Office or PO-cum-DWO.
Benefits And Rewards Under The Scholarship
The students who want to apply for the Oasis scholarship program will be interested to know about the benefits and rewards. The list of the benefits as per each category is mentioned below for your convenience.
|Name of Scholarship||Benefits for Applicants||Incentive for Hostlers|
|Pre-matric scholarship scheme for SC student||INR Rs.150 monthly for up to 10 months + Adhoc grants of INR Rs.750 Yearly||INR 750 monthly for up to 10 months with Adhoc grant of INR 1,000 yearly.|
|Pre-matric scholarship for ST student||INR Rs. 150 monthly for up to 10 months with Adhoc grant of INR Rs.750 yearly.||INR Rs.750 monthly for up to 10 months with Adhoc grant of INR Rs.1,000 yearly.|
|Pre-matric scholarship for SC/ST student||Applicants will get maintenance allowance of INR Rs.550 monthly||Applicant will get Maintenance allowance of INR Rs.1200 monthly|
|Post-matric scholarship for OBC student||Candidates will receive maintenance allowance of INR Rs.350 monthly||Applicants will get maintenance allowance of INR Rs.750 monthly|
Suppose you need help with registering for the Oasis Scholarship or need additional details and information about this Oasis scholarship program. In that case, you can contact the authorities at +91-8420023311 or visit the Oasis scholarship portal at Oasis.gov.in.
1- What is the last and final date of the Oasis Scholarship Scheme 2023?
Answer: The authorities do not yet reveal the last date for Oasis Scholarship 2023, but the expected date is 31 Oct 2023.
2- Who Is Eligible For Oasis Scholarship?
Answer: Any student from West Bengal studying in 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th and, also belongs to SC, ST, OBC or any minority community will be considered eligible.
3- Can I Apply For Both Oasis & SVMCM Scholarship?
Answer: No, you cannot as per SVMCM rules, only students who have not applied for any other scholarships are eligible to apply for SVMCM.
4- How To Apply For Oasis Scholarship?
Answer: To apply for Oasis Scholarship you need to visit there official website Oasis.gov.in and follow the procedure given in this article.