The Joseph Mundassery Scholarship enables students from lower-class backgrounds and those who are economically challenged to easily pursue higher education.
This scholarship program is named after Dr. Joseph Mundassery, who served as the Minister of Education in Kerala, India. Dr. Mundassery was a strong advocate for education and helped improve Kerala’s literacy rate. The scholarship was established in his memory and was awarded to students from economically disadvantaged backgrounds. For the duration of the recipient’s academic career, the scholarship will pay for their tuition and books.
Keep reading as we dive into the details of this scholarship program.
Key Details Of Joseph Mundassery scholarship 2023
|Name of the scheme||Joseph Mundassery Scholarship|
|Authorized by||Department of Minority Welfare Government of Kerala|
|Who Can Apply||Students From Different backgrounds and religious can avail this scholarship including Christian, Buddhist, Jain, Sikh, Muslim, and Parsi|
|Objective||To assist lower class people to peruse higher education|
|Benefits||Rewards Details Mentioned Below|
|Scholarship amount||As per category|
|Program’s Official Website||www.dcescholarship.kerala.gov.in|
|Last Date To Apply For Scholarship||27th December 2023|
|Starts From||07th December 2023 (expected)|
|Contact Number||0471-2300524/ 0471-2302090|
|Official Email||[email protected]|
Eligibility Criteria For Joseph Mundassery Scholarship
Around the nation, the Joseph Mundassery Scholarship is a highly esteemed Nobel scholarship program. To avail this scholarship you must fulfill these conditions.
- Only the permanent inhabitants of Kerala are eligible for the Joseph Mundassery scholarship.
- Candidates should be studying in any government or government-aided educational institution.
- Candidates should belong to families who come under the BPL category (Below Poverty Line) will be given priority. After that, authorities will consider APL families (Above Poverty Line). Lastly, minority students can join this program if their family income is less than Rs.8,00,000 (Eight lakh rupees).
- It is mandatory for all candidates to have a saving account in any Indian bank.
Also, check out MYSY Scholarship you may qualify for it.
All interested candidates will have to submit these documents with their applications.
- Printed version of the Joseph Mundassery scholarship application.
- SSLC mark sheet’s copy.
- Attested copy of the first page of the candidate’s bank passbook (Name, account number, Branch Code, Branch Address, etc., should be present).
- Aadhar card copy.
- A copy of the nativity certificate.
- Attested a copy of the minority or community certificate.
- Income certification (attested from the respective village office).
- A copy of the ration card.
- If applicable, a copy of the BPL certificate
- Proof of Residence
- Passport size photograph
How To Apply For This Scholarship?
The application procedure for the Joseph Mundassery scholarship program is simple. Follow these steps, and you will be on your way to joining this prestigious program:
- First, go to the official Department of Minority Welfare website. www.minoritywelfare.kerala.gov.in and look for the ‘Scholarships’ option in the main menu.
- Under this tab, look for the ‘Prof. Joseph Mundassery Scholarship tab (PJMS).
- After that, press the “Registration Button.”
- Click the “Apply” button now.
- You must now fill out the registration form that will appear on the screen with your information.
- After submitting the details, authorities will send you a User Id and Password to your email address. These login details will grant you access to the candidate login menu.
- Now, you will find the official scholarship application form on your screen. Read the form carefully and fill in all the necessary details with all the necessary documents.
- As soon as you are prepared, submit your application, and don’t forget to print the form. Remember, you will need this form’s copy with other documents. So keep all copies within easy reach.
How To Check The Selection List And Status?
The procedures below can be used to examine the Joseph Mundassery scholarship program’s selection list.
- You must first log in to the Department of Minority Welfare website at www.minoritywelfare.kerala.gov.in and select the “Scholarships” option.
- Hover over the “student registration status” tab and click on “awarded student list”.
- Now look for the Prof. Joseph Mundassery Scholarship option in the “scholarship menu”.
- You may view all the information, such as scholarship awards, eligibility requirements, the SSLC Selection List, and the HSC/VHSE Selection List.
- You will see a variety of options in a new tab after choosing your preferred option. Provide your institution’s name and the appropriate selections.
- Now you will see the comprehensive list of selected candidates in a table.
Instructions For Heads Of Respective Institutions
This one is not for students but for heads of institutions. Read these points carefully and implement accordingly:
- The head of the educational institution or another individual appointed by him will be responsible for checking the candidate’s form online.
- The institution’s head will thoroughly “verify” the applicants’ and banks’ information.
- After verifying all applications with requisite documents, the institute’s head will have to confirm the same through PJMS portal.
- The applicant will provide the income certificates, but the head of the institution will verify the same along with other documents.
- The Head of the Institute will ensure the legitimacy of all candidate’s documents.
- The Head of the institution will ‘Verify the applicants’ and bank details carefully.
- The final submission of the documents prior to the deadline will be the responsibility of the Institute Head.
Rewards in Joseph Mundassery differ from category to category. Details of Benefits and rewards are mentioned below:
- Students with A+ grades in all subjects and perusing SSLC will receive Rs.10,000.
- Students studying UG courses with a minimum of 80% will get Rs.15,000.
- Students doing PG courses with a minimum of 75% will get Rs.15,000.
- Besides, students can submit their applications from 7th December 2023, and the expected due date for Joseph Mundassery Scholarship Program 2023 might be 27th December 2023.
Also Read about E Kalyan Jharkhand Scholarship.
1- What is The Abbreviation For Professor Joseph Mundassery Scholarship?
Answer: PJMS Scholarship
2- Can I Track the Registered Students’ Status?
Answer: Yes, you can track it through Joseph Mundassery’s online portal. Here is the process:
- First, go to the official website of the Department of Minority Welfare.
- Look for the ‘Registered Students Status’ option and click on it.
- Now you will see a new tab on your screen.
- Choose your desired program along with other details. And click ‘submit.’
- Now you can see the status on your screen.
3- Joseph Mundassery Scholarship 2023 Dates
Answer: You can submit your applications for this scholarship program from 07th December 2023. The last submission date is 27th December 2023.
4- Who are eligible for PJMS scholarship?
Answer: The students who belong to minority communities and are permanent residents of Kerala.