Swami Vivekananda Scholarship is named on behalf of an inspiring philosopher. He was equally popular in India and the USA. He was instrumental in spreading interfaith religious harmony during his time from the end of the nineteenth century until the first decade of the twentieth century. Hallmark of Swami Vivekananda represented Hinduism in the Parliament of Religions in Chicago in 1893. The scholarship is also known as SVMCM.
There is a famous quote by Swami Vivekananda regarding education.
“We want the education by which character is formed, the strength of mind is increased, the intellect is expanded, and by which one can stand on one’s own feet.”
Swami Vivekananda was a role model educationist himself. The government of West Bengal has taken its legacy forward. They have started the Swami Vivekananda Scholarship (also known as the “Bikash Bhavan” Scholarship) for brilliant students who couldn’t afford their education due to a lack of financial resources.
SVMCM (V4.0) is a merit cum means-based scholarship that is a ray of hope for talented but economically deprived students. It is solely on pure merit. It covers students from the higher secondary, undergraduate, postgraduate, and above levels.
The scholarship covers students enrolled in conventional classes for Class XI and XII. Also, the program benefits from undergraduate courses in science, arts, commerce, engineering, medicine, and technical or professional fields. Students seeking postgraduate degrees in science, the arts, commerce, technology, and management are also entitled to the scholarship.
Eligibility Criteria for Swami Vivekananda Scholarship 2023-24
The government of west Bengal has developed specific eligibility criteria for SVMCM. Students must meet the eligibility requirements for earning the scholarship.
- The applicant must be a resident of West Bengal and possess a West Bengal domicile. They must be continuing education in institutes located in West Bengal only.
- Students will only be eligible if They have passed the current year exam from West Bengal State Board/Council of Secondary/Higher Secondary and Madrasah Education and State University.
- Students must be part of a minority community, such as a Muslim, Christian, Sikh, Buddhist, Parsee, or Jain.
- For getting the scholarship for Grade XI or above, the student must have secured at least 75% marks in the MadhyamikPariksha. i.e., 75% in aggregate (Best of Five).
- For the scholarship for postgraduate level education, the applicant must have attained at least 53% marks in general education and 55% in engineering during graduation.
- To get the scholarship for the polytechnic level, the student must have obtained at least 75% of course marks in the diploma’s first year.
- The student must have cleared the higher secondary examination or equivalent with 75% marks for the diploma of 2 years in Modern Office Practice, Management, Pharmacy, 3D Animation, and Graphics.
- Students must have earned a valid, sanctioned K2 ID card for the Kanyashree (K3 component). The students must have completed a PG-level business, science, or arts course. The pupils must also have received a 45 % in their graduation exam.
- The applicant must submit a valid income certificate. The annual family income for the year must not exceed 2.5 lac INR. Any officer must issue the income certificate, at least a joint BDO.
How to Apply Online for Scholarship?
By following the below steps, you can easily apply online for the scholarship.
- Applicants must fill out the registration form at the SVMCM (V4.0) official site.
- The website will generate a candidate ID upon the registration form’s successful submission. It is required for all upcoming login purposes. Follow the password policy for keeping a secure password. You should save the registration form to your computer or write down your application ID and password for later use. Additionally, they will send the applicant ID through email to the provided email address.
- A new field will emerge if a dropout applicant from the previous year chooses 2020 as their final qualifying exam year. In that box, the applicant must provide a reasonable explanation for why they were not admitted during the last academic year.
- It is advised to enter a valid and active email and mobile number, as an OTP will be sent during registration and after the process’s completion.
- Candidates looking to apply for K3 must complete the authentication form with the following information: Kanyashree(K2) Year of Application, Kanyashree ID, Candidate’s Name, Candidate’s Date of Birth, Father’s Name, and Mother’s Name. After the K2 authentication process is complete, candidates are directed to the registration form. The remaining steps are identical to those for a new application.
- Girls enrolled in a standard postgraduate program in science, the arts, or commerce. Still, they did not have a Kanyashree(K2) ID and were urged to apply under the Directorate of Public Instruction category. The standards and advantages are the same as for Kanyashree (K3).
- In step 2, first, log in with the valid credentials. You must put up your user id and password along with the captcha code during login.
- Ensure you follow the requested file format and size while uploading the scanned copy of the image and signature. You should use JPG or JPEG format, and the size of the image and signature should be between 20KB and 50KB and 10KB and 20KB, respectively.
- After completing the registration form, you will be requested to upload scanned documents. You must upload all the necessary documents in PDF format, and the file size should not exceed 400 KB.
- Select the Competent Authority on the upload documents form. You must select from the following authorities: BDO/SDO/Jt. BDO/BLRO (Panchayat Area), Executive Officer/Finance Officer/Education Officer (Municipality), Commissioner/Dy. Com/Municipal Secretary (Corporation Area), or G.R-A Gazetted Officer (Panchayat Area).
Important Documents for Fresh and Kanyashree Application
To apply for the Scholarship, applicants must submit mandatory documents to support their application. In the absence of these documents, the application will be rejected. Here we are providing the list of the documents the applicant needs to submit online.
- Marksheet of Madhyamik Examination or its equivalent mark sheet (Photocopy required from both sides)
- Last appeared Board/Council/University/College examination mark sheet Photocopy is required from both sides.
- Receipt of the Admission.
- Valid Income certificate of the family (Not required for Kanyashree Candidates)
- An income affidavit is required in the prescribed format.
- Domicile certificate as Aadhaar ID/Voter ID/Ration card/Certificate.
- Bank Passbook’s Scanned copy (1st Page, containing A/C No. and the IFSC code) is needed to disburse the amount in the A/C of the successful applicant.
- A recent photo between 10 and 50 KB in size
- An Institution verification certificate is required, which should be attested by the Head of the Institution.
- Approval Certificate from a competent authority, such as the HOI, for the previous academic year. This option will only appear if the applicant selects the previous year during registration.
Visual Representation of the Online Registration Process
We must follow the simple procedure to apply online for the scholarship. Here we are giving the demo by using the images of the official website pages. This will be a great help for the applicants to learn the step-by-step process with the help of visuals.
In the first step, visit the official website. It looks like .this
In the next step, click the registration tab on the top right corner of the homepage
- A new page will appear afterward.
- You can go through all the necessary information.
- Here, you can also download the User Manual for Online application submission.
- Put a tick mark on the declaration form.
- Now, click proceed the registration.
- Fill up the registration form with the required details.
- Upload all necessary documents.
- Submit the registration form.
- You have the option to edit your registration form.
Guidelines for Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Renewal
Every year, the recipient of the Swami Vivekananda Scholarship must apply for renewal. The renewal is dependent upon your most recent academic performance. Here is the performance criterion for the renewal.
- Applicant must clear all semester/examinations on the first attempt.
- You should earn a minimum of 60% at the promotional level during your journey from higher secondary to UG and diploma.
- To earn a renewal at the PostGraduate level, the applicant must secure50% marks at the promotional level.
- To renew the scholarship within one month after promotion to the next higher class, the student must apply online to the concerned scholarship sanctioning authority.
How to Apply for Renewal at Swami Vivekananda Scholarship?
The renewal process is not much different from the general application process. Here are a few steps we will explain in the online renewal process.
Step 1: Visit the online portal at SVMCM.
Step 2: Click on the Renewal application tab to proceed further.
Step 3: Log in to the portal using your registered ID & password.
Step 4: Fill up all the necessary details.
Step 5: Make sure to upload all required documents.
Step 6: Submit the renewal application.
Documents Submission for Renewal at SVMCM
- Mark sheets from the first and second semesters for the second-year renewal and the third and fourth semesters for the third-year renewal at the undergraduate level.
- First and second-semester grade reports are required for PG-level second-year renewal.
The Selection Process for Swami Vivekananda Scholarship
The student must undergo the following Selection process before securing the Scholarship
- Authorities will offer the scholarship based on the personal score attained by the applicant.
- The scholarship will be awarded on the income criteria.
- A Merit List of successful candidates will be issued.
Swami Vivekananda Scholarship – Amount Details (H2)
|Category||Level of Education||Scholarship Amount|
|Directorate of the School Education (DSE)||Higher Secondary||Rs. 1000/- per month|
|Directorate of the Madrasah Education (DME)||High Madrasah||Rs. 1000/- per month|
|Directorate of the public instruction (DPI)||Undergraduates in Arts||Rs. 1000/- per month|
|Undergraduates in commerce||Rs. 1000/- per month|
|Undergraduates in science||Rs. 1500/- per month|
|Undergraduates in other professional courses||Rs. 1500/- per month|
|Postgraduates in Arts||Rs. 2000/- per month|
|Postgraduates in commerce||Rs. 2000/- per month|
|Postgraduates in science||Rs. 2500/- per month|
|Postgraduates in other professional courses||Rs. 2500/- per month|
|NON-NET M.Phil/PhD||Rs. 5000 – Rs.8000/- per month|
|Technical education at the college or university level||Undergraduate or postgraduates in Engineering or other professional courses||Rs. 5000/- per month|
|Directorate of the Technical Education and the Training||Undergraduate||Rs. 1500/- per month|
|Directorate of the Medical Education||Undergraduate in Medical stream/ Diploma courses||Rs. 5000/- or Rs. 1500/- per month, respectively|
SVMCM 2023-24 Important Dates (H2)
|Beginning of scholarship||November 2022|
|Last date of scholarship||February 2023|
|Beginning of the renewal form||November 2023|
|Last date for the renewal application form||April 2023|
|List of selected students||May 2023|
How to Register your Grievance?
Applicants can raise their complaints or grievance via a simple process at the official portal. The Grievance process is given below, and the criteria are divided into registered applicants’ and non-registered applicants’ grievances. Follow us to learn this simple process.
What is the Grievance procedure for registered applicants?
- On the homepage of the official website, click on the Grievance Registration option.
- A new page will open on your screen.
- Now, click on the registered applicant under the Applicant Grievance submission tab.
- A Grievance login form will appear on your screen.
- Put on your login credentials, i.e., username id & password.
- Now Grievance form will appear on the screen.
- Fill up the form and click on submit to proceed with your grievance.
What is the Grievance procedure for non-registered applicants?
Initially, follow the same process as above for the registered applicants.
- Now under the Applicant Grievance submission tab, click on the non-registered applicant.
- A new page will open.
- Now choose from Guest Registration or Guest Login option.
- A new Grievance Log-in form will appear on your screen.
- Now, fill up all the desired details and click on Register.
How can Registered Institutes submit their grievance?
Registered Institutes can also submit their grievance through a simple process.
- On the homepage of the official website, click on the Grievance Registration option. A new page will open on your screen.
- Now, click on the Registered Institution under the Institute Grievance submission tab.
- A login form will appear.
- Put on your institute username id & password.
- Share your Grievance.
How can Non-Registered Institutes submit their grievance?
Non-Registered Institutes can also submit their grievance through a simple process.
- On the homepage of the official website, click on the Grievance Registration option. A new page will open on your screen.
- Now, under the Institute Grievance submission tab, click on the Non-Registered Institution.
- A login form will appear.
- Select your desired option.
- Share your Grievance.
How will Districts submit Grievances?
- You will follow the same above procedure.
- Just click on the District Grievance Submission in the Grievance Registration.
- A new form will be open.
- Just as the above processes, submit your username id and password.
- Click on the submit button to share your grievance.
How to Check Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Status?
- Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Status Check can be performed by Visiting the official website of the Swami Vivekananda Merit cum Means scholarship.
- First, log in using your application number and password.
- Check the progress of your application.
- You can monitor the status of your scholarship application from the dashboard.
For More Scholarships like these visit Scholars Advise.
Registered Training Colleges Under the DPI List
Visit the homepage, and click on the Training Colleges under the DPI List option. A new page on your screen will display all the training colleges registered under the DPI list. You can check your college in the above list.
What are the Important Documents to Download?
Following are some essential download links that will be helpful in your submission of your online application & renewal.
If you have any queries or questions about the scholarship, you can contact these
SUPPORT FOR SVMCM
Email: [email protected]
Swami Vivekananda Scholarship helpline number- Contact- +1800-102-8014
● DIRECTORATE OF SCHOOL EDUCATION (DSE):
Bikash Bhavan (7th Floor), Salt Lake City, Kolkata, West Bengal 700091
● DIRECTORATE OF TECHNICAL EDUCATION & TRAINING (DTE&T):
Karigori Bhavan, 3rd Floor, Plot: B-7, Action Area: III, New Town, Rajarhat,
● DIRECTORATE OF PUBLIC INSTRUCTION (DPI):
Bikash Bhavan (9th Floor), Salt Lake City, Kolkata – 700091
● DIRECTORATE OF TECHNICAL EDUCATION (DTE):
Bikash Bhavan (10th Floor), Salt Lake City, Kolkata, West Bengal 700091
● DIRECTORATE OF MEDICAL EDUCATION (DME):
Swasthya Bhawan, GN-29, Sector-V, Salt Lake, Kolkata – 700091
Key Points to Remember
- To prevent mishaps, the candidate must verify the following points before applying for any scholarship program.
- Check the eligibility criteria before processing your application.
- No need to delay the submission till the last date.
- You must have a valid active mobile number at the time of submission.
- For correspondence, the candidate must have a current, working email address.
- Use the data from your educational credential to complete the application form. l.
- Upload your most recent photos to the application.
- Make sure to arrange all your necessary documents before applying.
- I prefer a laptop or desktop pc over a mobile phone for the online submission of your scholarship application.
- Cross-check all the details before final submission.
General Guide for Applicants
While applying for the Swami Vivekananda, you may encounter some issues. So, have a look at the general guides given below. Some of these finds are helpful for you.
How to log in with a Username & password?
- Visit the official website of SWMCM.
- On the top right, there is the applicant login tab.
- Click on the tab, and a login form will appear.
- Enter your login credentials. i.e., Username & password.
- Click on the Login option to proceed further.
Forgot Username & Password
- If you forgot the Username & password, you don’t need to worry.
- Click the Forgot application ID/Password option on the applicant login page.
- A new webpage will open.
- Now select from the options what to retrieve. Username ID or password.
- In the next step, select the applicant type & provide the registered mobile number.
- Through this simple process can retrieve your application ID and password.
How to log in as an Administrator?
- On the homepage of the scholarship website, there is an administrator login option at the top.
- A new page will open on the screen for the administrator’s login.
- You must choose the user type as state-level user/directorate-level user/district-level user/ institutional user.
- Enter your login credentials
- Click on the login option to proceed further.
How to Login to the Helpdesk?
- Visit the homepage of SWMCM.
- Click on the Helpdesk tab on the homepage.
- The browser will take you to the new Helpdesk login page.
Ans: Minority students can apply via
Ans: Only Students from west Bengal can apply.
Ans: Sometimes, students enter the wrong information. You can cancel it using the “cancel Application” option or edit your application before submitting it.