The Maharashtra government provides Open Merit Scholarships for EBC Students to students belonging to the Economically Backward Class (EBC). This scheme is popularly known as the Fee Reimbursement Scheme for EBC Students.
This scheme aims to promote access to higher education among economically backward students and ensure financial inclusion in the state’s educational institutions. Under this scheme, eligible students will be reimbursed for up to 100% of their tuition fees.
EBC means Economically Backward Class. The EBC Scholarship is for students with the skill and potential but not the financial resources to make it big in life.
This scholarship is available for diploma-level engineering, medicine, agriculture, and more courses.
The best way to apply for this scholarship is by reviewing the eligibility criteria and ensuring that you fit the bill. Only then can your application be accepted, and you can avoid cancelling your scholarship. If you’re from an underprivileged society, this scholarship is for you.
The EBC certificate, or the Completely Economically Backward Classes Certificate, is offered by the Government of Maharashtra to provide higher education to students from economically weaker families.
The term ‘EBC’ is not limited to only those families living below the poverty line but also covers families whose annual income is less than double the poverty line.
To be eligible for this certificate, the student must be a permanent resident of Maharashtra.
Below are the critical details of this scholarship program:
EBC Scholarship Portal Important Information
|Name of the Scholarship Program||Open Merit Scholarships for EBC Students|
|Assigned By||Maharashtra Government|
|Objective||To provide grants and scholarships to Students.|
|Last Date of EBC||May 2023|
|EBC Official Portal||https://mahadbtmahait.gov.in/|
Benefits Of the EBC Scholarship Program 2023
All those who have been through selecting students for government benefits know that it is a long and arduous process. But once the selection process is all done, the selected students will receive many benefits from the authorities.
And guess what? The government is offering a lot of benefits to the candidates.
So, here are the details of the benefits that successful candidates will receive:
- All hostel girls will be entitled to 160 monthly. Thus, the candidates will get INR 1,600 annually.
- All non-hostel girls will be entitled to INR 100 monthly for up to 10 months, which will be INR 1,000.
- The scholarship amount for all hostel boys will be INR 140 monthly for up to 10 months. This equals INR. 1,400.
- Non-hostel candidates will receive INR 80 monthly for up to 10 months. This is equal to INR 800.
All applications looking forward to an EBC scholarship should hail from c economically backward class. Apart from this, students and candidates should meet these criteria.
- Applicants should be from Economically Backward Class (EBC)
- Applicants should have a Maharashtra domicile
- Applicants should aim to study for classes 11 and 12
- Candidates should have 50% marks in the last SSC exam.
Documents Required for EBC Scholarship
To apply for the EBC Scholarship program, 2023 candidates need to provide these documents:
- Certified and Attested Income certificate (By Tahsildar)
- The last SSC mark sheet attested
- Previous year mark sheet needed (For Renewal)
How to Apply?
To apply for the EBC Scholarship Program, follow these steps:
- Step 1: First, you need to sign in official Portal Of SBC Scholarship.
- Step 2: On your screen, you must find the ‘Apply Now option below.
- Step 3: Next, find and click on the ‘New Applicant Registration.
- Step 4: Provide all the details and verify your email address and phone number.
- Step 5: Next, applicants should complete and finish the Aadhaar authentication process. Applicants should complete this via OTP or biometrics.
- Step 6: If you apply for the OTP method, you will get an OTP on their number.
- Step 7: You must finish the process by providing all the details in the relevant fields.
- Step 7: Now, you can log in to the EBC Scholarship portal via your assigned username and password.
- Step 8: Check and verify the details and finish the EBC scholarship application. You must upload the scanned documents and click on the submit button when prompted.
- Official Department, Government of Maharashtra
- Ruled and Governed by the Government of Maharashtra
- Official Email ID – [email protected]
- Contact Number Of ECB – 18001025311
Selection Criteria OF EBC
The candidates will be shortlisted and selected based on the fulfilment of the eligibility criteria.
Education is the most powerful tool we have to change the world. And yet, billions of people are still denied this fundamental human right. The EBC scholarship was created to help level the playing field and give everyone a fair chance at success.
By providing financial assistance to students from disadvantaged backgrounds, the EBC scholarship helps ensure everyone has the opportunity to pursue their dreams.
Whether it’s studying medicine, business, or engineering, the EBC scholarship gives talented students the chance to realize their full potential.
In a world where talent and hard work should be rewarded, the EBC scholarship is an essential piece of the puzzle.
In today’s age of sky-high education costs, it’s refreshing to see a scholarship that covers 100% of the tuition fees. The EBC Scholarship Scheme 2023-24 is a welcome relief for Maharashtra students struggling to pay for their education.
The EBC scholarship scheme offers fee concessions of up to 100% for UG, PG, and diploma-level courses, making it easier for students to afford an education.
With the rising cost of living, the EBC Scholarship Scheme 2023-24 is much-needed financial assistance for students in Maharashtra.
The last Date for this program, as mentioned on the EBC scholarship portal 31 May 2023.