Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) Scholarship is the best opportunity to study in India. It provides an opportunity for international students to study in Government universities/Institutes in different courses. It is hundred percent fully funded by the Government of India.
About ICCR Scholarship
ICCR runs different schemes. The General Scholarship Scheme (GSS) (A1201) of ICCR is the most important scheme for international students to pursue their studies. This scholarship is for undergraduate students and postgraduate and PhD researchers in India. This scholarship also encompasses the courses of arts. Every year thousands of students avail this opportunity.
The application providers set certain criteria. Applicants have to make sure to meet these criteria before applying for a scholarship. You have to select five universities of your preference. ICCR provides a list of Government universities. Eligibility criteria can change depending on the university you are applying to.
- Applicant must be a foreign national.
- Applicant must have passed his 12th examination with 60% or more.
- They must have mark sheets for the 10th and 12th examinations with transcripts in English.
- If required by universities, an equivalent certificate must be obtained from the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- Age of the applicant must be from 18 to 30. PhD courses are relaxable (age limit from 35 to 40) depending upon the institutions to the institution.
Students must have their mark sheet or transcript in English. Transcripts in their local language will not be accepted. They can translate to English from a certified translator.
Different universities demand a different range of documents. It depends upon the course to which you are applying. Depending upon the universities, applicants should produce the required documents. But you must have these basic essential documents to apply for ICCR Scholarship.
- Certificates, mark sheets and transcript of matriculation and higher secondary studies.
- Letters of recommendation
- National Identity card (in English)
- Passport size picture with white background
- A written essay of 500 words
- IELTS or any other English language certificate
- Biometric page of the passport
- Medical fitness forum (which is available on the website)
- Research Proposals for research-related courses, i.e., MPhil or PhD
- Link to YouTube for students applying for performing arts
- Certificates of other art-related courses
Students have to upload copies of these required documents.
How to apply for an ICCR scholarship?
The process of application is very simple. ICCR has created an application portal, i.e., the A2A Scholarship portal. You can go to the portal by clicking here. ICCR scholarship application form 2023-24 is available on the website. You have to follow these steps to apply for a scholarship successfully.
Step 1. Open the Application portal (A2A portal).
Step 2. Create an account on this portal.
Step 3. Read the instructions carefully.
Step 4. Click “Apply Now” to start the application process.
Step 5. Fill out the form.
Step 6. Insert the required documents.
Step 7. After putting all information, double-check the filled application form.
Step 8. Now submit the application form.
Note: Provide the active phone number on the application form. Otherwise, you may miss out on the update of your application process. In the same way, provide an active email address as well. All communication, queries, and updates will be done through email.
ICCR Scholarship Amount
ICCR Scholarship 2023-24 is a fully funded scholarship. ICCR scholarship courses include Homeopathy, Science, Engineering, Commerce, Agriculture, Yoga, Dance and Music, and Arts.
The amount of this scholarship varies, depending upon the degree of education.
- For undergraduate students, the per month stipend is 18000 INR. They will also get a 5000 INR contingent grant per annum.
- For Postgraduate students, the per month stipend is 20000 INR. The contingent grant per annum is 7000 INR.
- For M.Phil and PhD, per month stipend is 22000 INR. The contingent grant per year is 12500 INR. For thesis and dissertation expenses (one time), 7000 INR will be given.
- Post-doctor fellow stipend per month is 25000 INR, and the Contingent grant is 15,5000 INR. For the thesis and dissertation (one time), students will be provided with 10000 INR.
Note: House rent for grade 1 and other cities are 6500 INR and 5500 INR, respectively. Regardless of the degree of education or courses, all students will get the same house rent allowance. No medical benefits will be given to students by the application provider.
ICCR Scholarship portal will be opened from 25th January to 30th April 2023. Following is the timeline of the procedure of application process, interview, selection and results.
- 31st May 2023 is the last university date to inform the decision.
- 30th June 2023 is the last date for allocating and generating the scholarship offer letter.
- 15th July 2023 is the last date for acceptance of the scholarship.
- If students don’t answer the offer letter, then 22nd July is the last date to offer to other students.
- From 30th July, second-round students to convey their acceptance.
ICCR scholarship results for 2023-24 will be announced in June and July.
ICCR Scholarship University list
There are several universities to which you can apply. These universities include government state universities and central universities. A list of all these universities is given below in pdf.
Selection and Distribution
Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) provides almost 6500 scholarships to international students. These Scholarships are available to Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Belize, Brazil, Cambodia, Fiji, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Guatemala, Hungary, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Netherlands, Oman, Palestine, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Russia, Saint-Denis Reunion Island, Saudi Arabia, Siberia, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Suriname, Syria, Tajikistan, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Trinidad & Tobago, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, UAE, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen. Each country has reserved seats in particular courses allocated by the application provider.
- Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) has 613 reserved seats for the ICCR scholarship 2023-2024.
- One seat is allocated for the Portuguese Nationals in the ICCR course for Yoga, Dance and Music.
Similarly, different countries have been allocated for a different number of seats and in different courses.
- 100 seats have been allotted worldwide to ICCR Scholarship for Indian culture. Courses in Indian culture include dance, music, theatre, performing art, sculpture, Indian languages, Indian cuisine, etc., for the academic year 2023-24.
- Students must apply to 5 universities from a list of universities provided by the ICCR application portal.
- Students will be shortlisted.
- Shortlisted students will be called for an interview.
- Interview will be conducted in two phases. Written interview and spoken interview.
- Written interview is just more like a dictation test.
- In an oral interview, general questions will be asked about family background, interests, hobbies etc.
- If there is a shortage of seat availability. You may be allocated to a second preferential university.
Terms and Conditions for Scholarship
The application provider has set terms and conditions for this scholarship.
- Students who want to live outside of hostel accommodation provided by ICCR. They will bear their living expenses.
- Scholarships for Medical, BDS and medical research, which lead to PhD degrees, are unavailable.
- Meal is not included in the stipend provided by ICCR.
- Each university has a certain amount of number of seats. Students who want to change the department should contact university authorities. If seats are available, they can change.
- Medical insurance of $6800 is a must for every student. They must ensure to provide insurance documents while proceeding with the application process.
- Association of Indian Universities (AIU) provides the equivalence of foreign degrees. AIU charge a certain fee for that service. Students will have to bear that expenses themselves.
- Students opting for science courses must bear the burden of incidental charges in a chemical laboratory. For educational purposes, laboratory chemicals will bear the price of that chemical.
If students want to get equivalence from AIU, they can also apply online. From this link https://evaluation.aiu.ac.inlstudent/login, you can apply for the required equivalence. You will be charged a certain fee which you must pay.
Students can also contact these phone numbers for further details regarding the issuance of equivalence.
Phone Number: + 911123230059/232370971
You can apply for this scholarship from this official link https://a2ascholarships.iccr.gov.in/.
If students require any assistance and have any queries. They can also contact
Email Address: [email protected].
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
1- How can I Apply for this scholarship?
Ans: ICCR has developed an A2A application portal. You first make an account on this portal and follow the steps described above.
2- Is the ICCR scholarship fully funded?
Ans: Yes, the ICCR scholarship is fully funded. But you have to pay for the meals and hostel accommodation if you opt to stay in a hostel other than recommended by ICCR.
3- Who funds ICCR scholarships?
Ans: Indian Council for Cultural Relations, Government of India, funds the ICCR scholarship.
This fully funded scholarship is an excellent opportunity for international students. It provides an opportunity to learn arts and culture from culture-rich India. To provide equal opportunity to all countries, a certain number of seats are allotted to them. Grab the opportunity and apply for this scholarship.