Dr Ambedkar Scholarship Portal is an organization that provides two different types of scholarships to people who belong to the Scheduled Caste category or the OBC category. The first type of scholarship is for students who are pursuing their studies in India, and the second type of scholarship is for students who are pursuing their studies abroad.
The Government provides these scholarships to encourage people from these categories to pursue higher education and achieve their full potential. The authorities also believe that by offering these scholarships, they will be able to bring about a change in society.
You can also apply for this Dr Ambedkar scholarship before the last date of October 30, 2023. If you are interested in it, read this article to apply for the scholarship successfully.
|Managed By||Government of Punjab|
|Eligibility||Punjab students from class XI to postdoctoral level|
|Rewards and Benefits||Given below in detail|
|Last Date of Application||October 30, 2023|
Dr Ambedkar Scholarship 2023 Objective
The state and Government of Punjab, India, are committed to providing financial assistance to deserving students from economically weaker backgrounds who wish to pursue higher studies.
In addition to the Dr Ambedkar scholarship schemes, several other Punjab scholarships are available to students from different classes and reserved categories. These scholarships aim to ensure that no student is deprived of a chance to receive a good education due to financial constraints.
Students can apply for these scholarship programs online and get more information about eligibility criteria and the selection process on the state government website.
With these scholarships, the state government is working towards creating a level playing field for all students, irrespective of their economic background.
Interested students should apply for the Dr Ambedkar scholarship 2023 before October 30, 2023, as it is the last date.
Note: Remember that the last date of Dr Ambedkar’s scholarship in 2023 is tentative, and authorities can change it anytime.
Major Benefits Of Dr Ambedkar Scholarship Portal
You will get these benefits from this scholarship portal:-
- Decent Maintenance allowance.
- Reimbursement of non-refundable fees (terms and conditions applied).
- Study tour expenses.
- Thesis typing/printing charges for Researchers.
- Book allowances for students.
- Book bank facility for selected courses.
- Special allowance for disabled students.
Dr Ambedkar Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
Dr Ambedkar’s scholarship highlights the Punjab government’s support for the economically backward SC/OBC category students. The scholarship is provided to the student who is domiciled in Punjab and willing to pursue higher education.
Candidates who have passed their class X exams and those who want to pursue a postdoctoral degree can apply for this Dr Ambedkar scholarship program. The other conditions and criteria for the post-matric scheme for SC and OBC applicants under this program are mentioned below:
- The family’s annual income must be lower than INR 2,50,000.
- Candidates should belong to SC, and they must be Indian residents.
- Students who change or shift their course after completing one or more levels cannot apply for the Dr Ambedkar scholarship.
- Students pursuing postgraduate medical courses can apply for this scholarship only if they are not practising medicine.
- Students pursuing distance learning/ correspondence can also apply.
- All student must clear their class 10 exam for this scholarship and should be registered in a post-matric or post-secondary certification or course.
- The applicants applying for the Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar scholarship will not get benefits from any other program or scholarship.
- Students getting pre-examination coaching and financial assistance from any state or central Government cannot apply for the Dr Ambedkar scholarship government of the Punjab program.
Eligibility Criteria for Post-Matric Dr Ambedkar Scholarship for OBC Students:
Criteria for OBC students for this scholarship program are given below:
- Candidates must be from OBC, and they should be Indian residents.
- The yearly family income of students should not be higher than INR 1,00,000.
- Only two boys can apply from one family. However, this condition is not valid for girls.
- The applicants need to clear their class 10 examination, and they should be enrolled in a post-matric or post-secondary certification from a recognized institution.
- Applicants completing their postgraduate medical courses can only apply for this program if they are not practising.
- Students pursuing distance learning/ correspondence can also apply for the Dr Ambedkar scholarship.
- Applicants receiving pre-examination coaching and financial assistance from the State or Federal Government will not get a stipend or allowance during the coaching program.
- The applicants should be receiving any scholarship or stipend from any other sources.
Scholarship Rewards and Benefits
It is no secret that the cost of higher education has been on the rise in recent years. For many students, tuition and other associated expenses can be a significant barrier to completing their studies. However, the Government has established several scholarships and financial aid programs to help deserving students meet the cost of college.
One such scholarship program by the Punjab Government is the Dr Ambedkar Scholarship, which provides financial assistance to eligible students pursuing higher studies.
Furthermore, the scholarship amount is disbursed directly to the scholar’s bank account through the Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) system, making it easy for scholars to access the funds they need to cover their educational expenses.
Thanks to programs like the Dr Ambedkar Scholarship, more and more students can pursue their educational dreams despite the rising cost of higher education.
The details regarding scholarship benefits are mentioned below for your convenience:
Benefits and Amounts for SC Students
Students will enjoy these benefits in this scholarship program:
- No need to pay Thesis typing/ printing charges up to INR 1600 (only for research scholars).
- Study tour expenses of up to INR 1600 yearly for candidates studying professional and technical courses.
- Disabled students will get a transport allowance of INR 160, an escort allowance of INR 160 monthly, a Special pay allowance of INR 160 monthly, and additional funding of INR 240 monthly.
Dr Ambedkar Scholarship Amount for OBC Students
- Waiver for Thesis typing/ printing charges up to INR 1000 to researchers.
- Study tour expenses are up to INR 900 per year for students studying professional courses.
The Dr Ambedkar scholarship form is now available online! Applicants and students can fill in the scholarship form and submit it within the stipulated time to avoid rejections.
The process is simple and easy, and interested applicants can start immediately. However, note that you can only apply online, and there is no way to apply for Dr Ambedkar Scholarship 2023 offline.
How to Apply?
You must register on the Dr Ambedkar Scholarship portal as a new user. Here is how you do it:
- First, click on the ‘Student Registration tab. You will get a User ID and password upon successful registration.
- Next, click the ‘Apply for Scholarship’ button to access Dr Ambedkar’s scholarship form.
- Fill out the application form and ensure no field is left blank.
- The applicants will be responsible for the correctness of all their details. Then you need to click on the ‘Register Scholarship Application form to submit your details and Dr Ambedkar’s application form.
- Next, you will have to upload your documents to the portal.
- Finally, upon successful completion, we recommend you take a printout of the submitted application and keep it in your records for future use.
|Scholarship Name||Dr Ambedkar Pre/Post-Matric Scholarship|
|Launched By||Ministry of Social Justice|
|Objective||To provide pre-matriculation and post-matric scholarship|
|Last date to apply||October 30, 2023|
What is Dr Ambedkar Scholarship Renewal Process?
All applicants, whether they are new or old interested in the Dr Ambedkar scholarship must be registered on the program’s official portal. After that renewal process is simple. Follow these steps to complete the renewal process:
- First, the candidate should go to the Dr Ambedkar scholarship portal and look for the ‘New Registration option. Click on it.
- Then enter your login credentials which you used earlier.
- You will see various options; check out the ‘Renewal Application’ tab for your desired year.
- You must provide all personal details and get a new User ID and password.
- Now log in to the official portal by using your new credentials.
- You will see details like your previous year’s merit score; attendance details can also update these details if necessary.
- Lastly, upload all your documents and hit the ‘Submit’ button for the renewal of your application form.
The Portal of Dr Ambedkar Scholarship program is handy in many ways. Below are some prominent features of this scholarship portal:
- You will find the details and data of the registered institutes and their official profiles on this Dr Ambedkar scholarship portal.
- You will see a comprehensive list of all courses, branch details, and fee structures.
- You can also check the application’s status on this portal.
Applying for the Dr Ambedkar scholarship? Ensure you have all your ducks in a row – all the required documents. The last thing you want is to be ineligible for the scholarship because you didn’t submit the proper paperwork. So what do you need? Below are the details of the documents needed for Dr Ambedkar’s scholarship:
- Valid and attested photocopy of your caste certificate.
- Your Domicile certificate
- Parents’ income proof
- Copy of your high school certificate
- Copy of your bank passbook (the first page is mandatory)
- Handicap certificate (if applicable)
- Your valid contact information
How to Check Aadhar Authentication?
- Once again, go to the portal’s official website.
- Look for the Aadhar Authentication feature.
- Next, you will see a new web page and an application form.
- In the relevant field, input your Aadhar card Number, sex, and full name.
- Lastly, on the Authenticate option and you will get the results.
How to do a Student Search through Dr Ambedkar Portal?
- First, you need to go to the portal’s Official Website.
- Now find the Student Search feature.
- Now you will see a new page along with an application form.
- Next, you must select your state, tehsil, District, and other similar info.
- Finally, click on the Show Details of Applicants as per your chosen criteria.