The Burger King scholarship program was created in James Jim W. McLamore’s honor, a co-founder of of Burger King who valued higher education.
He aims to advance education all over the world by providing assistance programs to communities where Burger King operates.
The Burger King Foundation offers financial aid to staff members, workers, spouses, children, and seniors in high school who live in Canada, the United States, and Puerto Rico.
More than 45,000 scholarships for high school students have been given out by it. Nearly 4,000 students in North America received $4.6 million in scholarships from the charity.
It partners with chosen nonprofit organizations that focus on scholarships, literacy, and developing a sustainable ecosystem for students.
Burger King Scholarship 2023 Key Highlights
|Name of Scholarship||Burger King Scholarship|
|Founded By||Burger King Foundation|
|Beneficiary||Employees of burger king and their spouses and children|
|Last Date||15 December|
|Objective||To provide higher education to employees and their families|
This program is designed to support staff, employees, and high school seniors’ higher education. This application has two different tracks, each program has its eligibility criteria.
High School Senior Eligibility Requirements
If the applicant is a high school senior, then they must be able to meet subsequent criteria.
- The applicant should have a solid academic record with a minimum 2.5 GPA.
- Applicants should have dedication to community service.
- The applicant needs to be a high school senior, Burger King worker, spouse or child of an associate worker
Employee Track Eligibility Requirements
Applicants applying through employee tracks have two types based on their education i.e. pursuing a traditional post-secondary education or pursuing an enrichment program. The eligibility criteria to apply through Employee Track includes:
- Applicants should be residents of the US, Puerto Rico, Guam, or Canada.
- Applicants must be an employee, spouses or domestic partners, and dependent children of the employee working in Burger King.
- The applicant should be a graduating high school senior or have graduated from grade 12.
- Applicant should possess a minimum 2.0 GPA.
- Applicants should be planning to enroll in a vocational training institute, college, or university in the US for a two or four-year program.
Don’t think you will qualify for this scholarship? check out be bold scholarship.
The documents required for the scholarship program are as follows:
- A current complete high school transcript of grades should be uploaded along with the application.
- Courses, grades, and credit hours are all fully disclosed on the unofficial or online transcript.
- GPA Report.
- A list of working experience and involvement at the school and community level.
- In case you are related to an associate worker, the information regarding Burger King employees is: Family income information and a duplicate of your parent’s up-to-date form filed with a government agency are also useful.
Some important dates of the Burger King Scholarship are mentioned below:
|October 15, 2023||The application process begins|
|December 15, 2023||The application deadline to receive the scholarship closes|
|May, 2023||Burger King will reveal and ask for additional information from the recipients of the scholarship|
|August 2024||The winners will be given scholarship checks via mail.|
Burger King Scholarship Application Procedure
The Burger King Scholarship is directly administered by American Scholarships. Following steps are required to apply for this scholarship. Students need to register an account that they could use for the official application process.
- First visit the application website at: https://burgerking.scholarsapply.org/. Then click on register here.
- A new page will open with information linking to the scholarship. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click create account.
- Now a new page will open and it will ask for the relevant information. Provide the required data and continue.
- After that go back to the home page and click on login here button.
- A new page will open with the login form. Login using your credentials.
- After this, the student has to fill out the application form by adding a record of job experience and a letter of community activities.
- Along with this application, upload all credentials including your high school grades transcript, your employee details, and your family’s financial information.
- Couple these documents with your application and submit them. Scholarship America will contact you for the confirmation of your application.
Rewards And Benefits Offered In The Scholarship
Scholarship awards range from $1000 to $50,000 and are intended to help students residing in the United States, Puerto Rico, Guam, and Canada to offset the cost of attending college or post-secondary school.
Mclamore Foundation grants up to $50,000 to three students each year and also provides $5000 to twelve qualified employees for their performances.
The number of awards varies depending on franchise performance.
looking for different awards and benefits? check out Carson scholarship.
The Burger King Scholarship winners will be announced in the August of the subsequent year (for example if a student applies for scholarship in 2023 then the winner will be announced in August 2024).
The winners will be notified through mail.
Email: [email protected]
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, until the student satisfies the program’s requirements.
Since the scholarship is utilized for allowable costs, it is not taxed.
In the event that they satisfy the requirements again, beneficiaries may reapply to the program.
Within 24 hours, an email is issued acknowledging receipt of the application.
The Burger King scholarship aims to provide scholarships to students and employees who want to pursue their higher education.
The amount of scholarship varies from $1000 to $50,000 which can be used to pay tuition fees, book, and other miscellaneous charges in the universities in the US, Canada, or Puerto Rico.
The application process begins in October and winners are given scholarships in August of the following years.
The student should possess a cumulative high school grade point and should be planning to get accredited in a vocational-technical school or university to be eligible for this scholarship