What is the Coolidge Scholarship? It is an annually awarded scholarship program that includes the applicant’s tuition, room expenses, board fee, and other expenses for four years of undergraduate study.
Created in honour of President Calvin Coolidge, the Scholarship is given to students who display academic excellence, leadership potential, and a commitment to public service. Recipients are selected based on their scores on the SAT or ACT, as well as their academic transcripts and extracurricular activities.
If you are a high school senior interested in applying for the Scholarship, visit the website for more information.
Eligibility Criteria For The Coolidge Scholarship
Below are the eligibility criteria for the Scholarship:
- Only US legal citizens can apply for this Scholarship. This also includes Dreamers.
- You should be a high school junior. However, if you have enrolled in other higher classes at your nearby community college, you can apply for this program. Keep in mind seniors cannot apply for this scholarship program.
- Your objective should be to attend a four-year college or university in the US.
- Immediate family members of any trustee or staff of the Coolidge Foundation cannot apply for this program.
- You need to submit all documents before the final date.
If you fulfil these requirements, you can apply for the Coolidge Scholarship.
Is the Scholarship Real?
There have been a lot of recent talks about whether the Coolidge Scholarship is real and whether or not it’s worth it. I’m here to tell you that, yes, the Scholarship is real, and it is worth it.
This Scholarship is a complete scholarship program that includes tuition, room fee, and other expenses for four years of undergraduate study at any US-based college or university in the United States.
In addition, the Coolidge Scholarship provides a stipend for books and materials and an annual stipend for living expenses.
But that’s not all. The Scholarship has several other benefits, including exclusive internships and mentorship opportunities.
Coolidge Scholarship Acceptance Rate
The Coolidge Scholarship is a highly competitive national award that covers the cost of attendance at any four-year college or university.
The Scholarship is named for President Calvin Coolidge, who believed strongly in the importance of education.
Every year, only two or three students are selected to receive the Scholarship, and recipients must attend a summer orientation program before their senior year of high school.
The orientation program helps students learn more about the benefits of higher education and the opportunities that will be available to them as scholarship recipients.
How Many Students Can Apply For Scholarship?
Around 2000 to 2500 students apply for the Coolidge Scholarship each year.
The Scholarship is a highly competitive award that provides full funding for a four-year undergraduate education.
Every year, thousands of students from across the country apply for the Scholarship, with only a handful selected as recipients. The selection process is extremely competitive, and candidates are evaluated based on their academic achievements, extracurricular involvement, and community service.
For more scholarships like these visit Scholars Advise.
How to Apply for the Coolidge Scholarship?
Coolidge is not like other normal scholarship programs; instead, this scholarship program is suitable for highly skilled and tough professionals. In the scholarship program, a high and tough effort yields a high and the most rewards.
In addition, everything you submit in this program undergoes the highest scrutiny, so we recommend only submitting the work you are very proud of.
For the Coolidge scholarship, you will have to provide these documents and information:
- Your SAT/ACT results and score Cards, including PSAT Score.
- School Fees Vouchers and Transcripts along with AP courses.
- Two well-written essays of 600 and 800 words. However, they will give you the prompts after the process starts.
- You must provide a two-page resume documenting your skills and jobs (with supporting documents). Besides, you need to mention the information and career paths you plan to pursue shortly.
- You also need to submit two recommendation letters—one from your teacher and another from a community member who knows you but is not related.
After submitting all these details and documents before the deadline, you will be notified whether or not you are shortlisted.
If yes, you will have to go through the interview process conducted by the selection jury. After, the jury will announce and contact the Coolidge scholarship winners for further processing.
What Is Coolidge Scholarship Deadline?
The Coolidge Scholarship is a prestigious award for which any high school senior should consider applying. The deadline for the Scholarship is February 23, 2023.
The Scholarship is perfect for undergraduate study at any accredited institution of the student’s choice. The program is based on academic merit, leadership, and service to others.